Monday, May 08, 2006

Good job for the opposition

In regard to the election, i am glad that it is finally over. It is a fierce contest between the parties and i am kinda happy with the results. With the opposition gaining about 1/3 of the valid votes, it is quite acceptable. But what this election showed to us is that the opposition are more organised and display they have the capability to deal with politics. I hope that in the next election, there will be more opposition candidates to fight for votes. Afterall, a country will develop better under pressure than one with bliss.

What is notable in this election is the victory by the opposition parties in potong pasir and hougang despite the upgrading plans offered by PAP. It showed that singaporeans are not swayed with such kind of benefits, but rather think it is more important to have a better MP in their SMC. I was quite surprised that Chaim won in Potong Pasir, but glad that he did. He is the best opposition member that i support!

My brother had finally finished his last semester in NTU. I am glad that my brother is moving ahead and got himself a job even before convo. He used to complain to my mom on how hard he can get himself a job in his field. Even though he sound like he didn't like his job that much, I think what matter most is what he can get from it. I pray that he will be successful in his career and faster get married. haha. the reason is obvious: so that i can get addition income during CNY.

One bad news, it seem there is a requirement for me to stay in perth for at least 6 mths(straight) after i passed my driving practical. To be confirmed...

Time to finish my assignment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home